Windows serve us in many ways. From letting in natural light to providing fire escape routes, they add value to our homes and our lives. However, there are precautions you should take with the windows in your home. American Window Systems has compiled five window safety tips that all of our valued customers should consider.
- Keep the area in front of a window free of furniture or other items. This prevents children or pets from climbing onto the window and potentially falling from it.
- Window screens were made to keep out insects. Regardless if a screen seems sturdy, do not lean on it or allow children near it.
- Add soft landscaping under windows. This is a great way to lessen the impact of a fall or an escape during an emergency.
- Make sure that the locking hardware works correctly on all of your windows – especially windows on the first floor.
- When you have your windows open, invest in window safety guards. The guards don’t allow the window to be opened wide enough for a child to fall out or for an intruder to climb in.
We hope that you found these window safety tips helpful! If you need window replacement services in the Napa area, let’s chat! Call today at (707) 258-0880 for a free in-home consultation.